Thursday, June 19, 2008

Marti Michell Day in Eden....

All I can say is WOW!!!! Thank you so all for coming and seeing what Marti Michell had to offer with all her quilts and techniques! Those of you that attended know exactly what I am talking about. Those of you who stayed for the two sessions looked like you all were blown away with all the information that was given to you! I know I was!! The last quilt that Marti showed everyone in the afternoon session was INCREDIBLE!!! How awesome was that? I saw camera flashes going off every two seconds!

There were also a lot of comments about the awesome lunch that Paul and Carolynn provided for the attendants that stayed for two sessions. I know that Paul cooked his famous hot dogs and let me tell you how good they were. I confess that I had 2 of them and some chips! Wow were they good! So, do you think we can get Paul's secret to those grilled hot dogs? Thank you Paul and Carolynn for an awesome time.

Thank you Marti for sharing all that you did today! I am so excited about this whole quilting thing now. I know that there were a lot of ladies that left saying: "I want to go home and sew now." Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to stop in Eden, NY and visit with us! Your work is amazing and respected highly by me. Thank you again to everyone for their support for Marti Michell as well as the Eden Creative Sewing Center.

For those that attended, tell us what you thought about this most awesome day. Share your thoughts about what it is that you saw and learned. What a way to share your thoughts and ideas right here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow is right! What a great program that Marti presented to us on Thursday, the 19th. It was worth the wait... One beautiful quilt after another - even some that were not finished(now that I can identify with)! Let's hope that we will have some great classes coming up using some of her techniques. I especially liked the idea of quilting in sections, being a little hesitant to quilt or freemotion a large project myself. Can't wait to see the schedule for fall. Hope everyone had as good a time as I did!